Subject: Re: apache, ap-perl and pthread
To: Dieter Baron <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2006 22:52:14
On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 01:32:47PM +0100, Dieter Baron wrote:
> In article <> Manuel wrote:
> : Hi,
> : since perl is compiled with threads by default, ap-perl doesn't work
> : anymore with apache-1.3. This is because ap-perl is linked with threads
> : and httpd isn't. Adding -lpthreads when linking httpd fixes this. For now
> : I've done this by hand when building apache for the few servers where I
> : still use apache-1.3 + mod_perl.
> : What is the best way to fix this in pkgsrc (if we really want to fix it) ?
>   There is a list of NetBSD versions that require CFLAGS+=-pthread for
> programs that use dlopen if the loaded library uses pthread.  It is
> Since NetBSD 3.0 needs this, it should be added to that list.  If no
> one objects, I will commit that change.

NetBSD-3 should probably be in _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS, yes.

However I just tried it, and it doesn't work for www/apache/
I tracked it down to _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREADS being set to no at the
isn't even used). I don't know what could set _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREADS,
I suspect one of the buildlink files inclued by the apache Makefile.
I'm using the 2005Q4 branch.

Manuel Bouyer <>