Subject: Re: apache, ap-perl and pthread
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Dieter Baron <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2006 13:32:47
In article <> Manuel wrote:
: Hi,
: since perl is compiled with threads by default, ap-perl doesn't work
: anymore with apache-1.3. This is because ap-perl is linked with threads
: and httpd isn't. Adding -lpthreads when linking httpd fixes this. For now
: I've done this by hand when building apache for the few servers where I
: still use apache-1.3 + mod_perl.

: What is the best way to fix this in pkgsrc (if we really want to fix it) ?

  There is a list of NetBSD versions that require CFLAGS+=-pthread for
programs that use dlopen if the loaded library uses pthread.  It is
Since NetBSD 3.0 needs this, it should be added to that list.  If no
one objects, I will commit that change.