Subject: Re: apache, ap-perl and pthread
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Chuck Cranor <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/13/2006 21:33:15
In article <> Manuel Bouyer writes:
>since perl is compiled with threads by default, ap-perl doesn't work
>anymore with apache-1.3. This is because ap-perl is linked with threads
>and httpd isn't. Adding -lpthreads when linking httpd fixes this. For now
>I've done this by hand when building apache for the few servers where I
>still use apache-1.3 + mod_perl.

>What is the best way to fix this in pkgsrc (if we really want to fix it) ?

hi Manuel-

  I'm glad I'm not the only one still wondering about this:

I guess it still isn't fixed?   i haven't had time to look, and
no one answered my orig. email on the topic.   if it still isn't
fixed I'd file a PR on it.

we ended up setting LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/ in the
apache startup script to hack around the problem.   yuck.