Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/tasp-vsipl
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2006 14:29:31
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:12:12AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
>
> >My proposal is to include one of the BSD patches (DragonFly or NetBSD,
> >they differ slightly in the feature set) and add that to the bootstrap
> >tools for all platforms with GNU patch.
>
> 	Is it worth looking at merging the set - which is missing what,
> 	or is it the typical overlapping sets with differing syntax?

Well, the patches from OpenBSD add the nice option to keep rejects in
the style as the original patch, e.g. a unified patch results in unified
rejects.

I'm not sure if NetBSD has the portability stuff for patch implemented,
that would be something necessary to implement in either case.

Otherwise the syntax is mostly identical, only the handling of empty
lines at the end of a patch is IIRC slightly more strict in
DragonFly/OpenBSD compared to NetBSD.

Joerg