Subject: Re: build dependencies of fixesext and compositeext
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/01/2006 13:55:40
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Todd Vierling wrote:

> > > I will also bump PKGREVISION for x11/Xcomposite, x11/Xfixes,
> > > x11/compositeext, and x11/xcompmgr.
> >
> > Looking closer, I see that other packages should be bumped too, such as:
> > x11/xcursor, x11/gtk2, wm/metacity, multimedia/gst-plugins0.8,
> > x11/qt4-libs, x11/gnome2-control-center, x11/kdebase3, x11/qt3-libs,
> > x11/xcursorgen, x11/xorg-clients, x11/XFree86-clients, and others.
> You sure?  On cursory glance, e.g. x11/xcursor does not have a runtime
> dependency on fixesext.  Unless the updated fixesext changes ABI somehow,
> dependencies that are two or more layers removed from fixesext and
> compositeext do NOT need a bump, because they do not change.

I am not sure. My installed version of xcursor-1.1.1nb2 depends fixesext.
But I don't see it as a BUILD_DEPENDS either when using:

x11/xcursor's includes ../../x11/Xfixes/ which includes

My main concern was files that include
fixesext's (which was not a "build" dependency).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links