Subject: Re: option groups?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2006 09:30:31

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2006/02/23/0008.html

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/subscribe_list.pl?list=pkgsrc-users

> I'm wanting to configure rt3 with the appropriate arguments in /etc/mk.conf
> for my site, but I've not come across PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP before ...
>
> I'm familiar with using
>
>   PKG_OPTIONS.blah = quux -foo
>
> but would for the following definitions for rt3:
>
>   PKG_OPTIONS_VAR=        PKG_OPTIONS.rt
>   PKG_OPTIONS_REQUIRED_GROUPS=    backend frontend
>   PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.backend=      mysql pgsql
>   PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.frontend=     modperl1 modperl2 \
>                                   fastcgi
>   PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS=  mysql fastcgi
>
>   PKG_OPTIONS_LEGACY_OPTS=        backend-mysql:mysql backend-pgsql:pgsql \
>                                   frontend-modperl1:modperl1              \
>                                   frontend-modperl2:modperl2              \
>                                   frontend-fastcgi:fastcgi
>
> would I need to do something like
>
>   PKG_OPTIONS.rt.backend = pgsql
>   PKG_OPTIONS.rt.frontend = modperl1
>
> or something like
>
>   PKG_OPTIONS.rt = backend:pgsql frontend:modperl1

You should just do "PKG_OPTIONS.rt=pgsql modperl1".  You never need to
specify the group names, they're internal to the pkgsr infrastructure.  See
for example the output of "make show-options", it doesn't mention the group
names either (in principle you never have to look at the Makefile code to
figure out how to use a package).

The only consequence of groups is that you cannot specify more than one
option of any group at the same time, and for required groups, you have to
specify at least one.

> Is there documentation on this I could look at (apart from UTSL, I guess)

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/configuring.html section 5.4.

	Geert