Subject: Re: option groups?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2006 09:11:20
Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> [ Apologies, this should probably be going to the new pkgsrc users list,
>   but I seem to have deleted the announcement message and can't remember
>   the address in order to subscribe ]
>
> I'm wanting to configure rt3 with the appropriate arguments in /etc/mk.conf
> for my site, but I've not come across PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP before ...

Hi,

The details for subscribing for the new list are up on the NetBSD.org
site, along with all the other mailing list details:

In answer to your question

PKG_OPTIONS.rt=	pgsql modperl1

Should do the trick.  The .frontend and .backend are just group names
and AFAIK shouldn't need to be directly accessed by you.  The foo:bar
notation is just internal options.mk notation for migration of old options.

The _GROUP directive is just to ensure that a user selects one of a
number of options when building the package.

You will be able to find some more documentation on this here:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/options.html

regards,

adrian.