Subject: option groups?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2006 17:25:20
[ Apologies, this should probably be going to the new pkgsrc users list,
  but I seem to have deleted the announcement message and can't remember
  the address in order to subscribe ]

I'm wanting to configure rt3 with the appropriate arguments in /etc/mk.conf
for my site, but I've not come across PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP before ...

I'm familiar with using

  PKG_OPTIONS.blah = quux -foo

but would for the following definitions for rt3:

  PKG_OPTIONS_VAR=        PKG_OPTIONS.rt
  PKG_OPTIONS_REQUIRED_GROUPS=    backend frontend
  PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.backend=      mysql pgsql
  PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.frontend=     modperl1 modperl2 \
                                  fastcgi
  PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS=  mysql fastcgi

  PKG_OPTIONS_LEGACY_OPTS=        backend-mysql:mysql backend-pgsql:pgsql \
                                  frontend-modperl1:modperl1              \
                                  frontend-modperl2:modperl2              \
                                  frontend-fastcgi:fastcgi

would I need to do something like

  PKG_OPTIONS.rt.backend = pgsql
  PKG_OPTIONS.rt.frontend = modperl1

or something like

  PKG_OPTIONS.rt = backend:pgsql frontend:modperl1

Is there documentation on this I could look at (apart from UTSL, I guess)

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank