Subject: Re: Waiting for Gonome on DragonFly
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2006 11:40:57
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 07:36:49AM -0800, walt wrote:
> > I feel like a nag for asking again -- but is anything happening
> > with libgtop2 for DragonFly?

> Feel free to try
> ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/patches/libgtop2.diff

Wonderful!  libgtop2 builds without error now, thanks!

Two minor problems with packages which use libtop2, however:

gnome-system-monitor continuously prints these two lines:
LibGTop-Server: sysctl (vmt): Unknown error: 671543520
LibGTop-Server: kvm_read (cnt): Unknown error: 671543520

And the gnome system-monitor panel-applet works *mostly* right,
except that when hovering the mouse over the CPU-load window it
tells me that the CPU is 50% in use when it completely idle.
(The graphical display is correct, however.)

My calculations tell me that it should be exactly 4.72 days until
the gnome people relase another version of libgtop2 which will
render all your good work obsolete once again :o(

Thanks again for your excellent work!