Subject: Re: db4 files not owned by root
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/2006 20:40:39
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:48:39PM +0100, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that some files installed to ${LOCALBASE} have the wrong
> owner/group: it's the user who built the package (instead of probably
> root:wheel). These files are all from the databases/db4 package:

Hmm, yeah, they are also owned by the user who build these files on my
system and there are other packages which installs files this way:

apache2
nspr

Check the include directory for those two packages and you will see it.
But it is not limited to the include directories.

It looks like nearly all apache2 files, except for sbin and share/httpd/manual are
owned by the build user.
For nspr only bin/nspr-config and lib/pkgconfig/nspr.pc are ok, all others have the
wrong owner.

Bernd