Subject: Cflags and pkg-config and freetype2
To: None <,>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/2006 11:54:12
(I first sent this email to the email address as listed in the tarball's
README file, but it bounced with no such user. I didn't mention pkgsrc
below, but I am using it :)

Building modular failed because it didn't find my ft2build.h (which
is non-standard include directory).

My freetype2 package's lib/pkgconfig/freetype2.pc is missing
-I${includedir} from the Cflags. (I am using builds/unix/

But running
 freetype-config --cflags
does show it. Because it has:

  if test "$includedir" != "/usr/include" ; then
    echo $cflags -I$includedir

I am not sure of the proper pkg-config way. But the following worked for
me to add -I${includedir}, for example:

Cflags: -I${includedir}/freetype2 -I${includedir}

How can that be done the pkgconfig way?

Or maybe ft2build.h should install into ${includedir}/freetype2 in the
first place?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Low cost press releases