Subject: Re: overwriting part of a package with another?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2006 19:54:06
--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 02:24:47PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I'm putting together a package for 'powerdot', a LaTeX presentation=20
> package.  However, it requires a newer version of the xkeyval macro=20
> package than occurs in teTeX3.  What is the best way to handle that?
> We do have the latest version of teTeX, so it's not just a matter of=20
> waiting for an update.
I don't think we currently have something to solve this issue.
However, the tex.buildlink3.mk stuff could help to make it easier.
Currently, we install all tex files in the same texmf tree. Since
tetex3, it is possible to split this tree, by using
texmf-dist (for the tetex distributed files), texmf and texmf-local for
additional packages.

mk/tex.buildlink3.mk defines PKG_LOCALTEXMFPREFIX and PKG_TEXMFPREFIX
as being equal. For tetex3, i want to separate them, to allow the
installation in PKG_LOCALTEXMFPREFIX of newer versions and additional
packages. However, it will require some testing to get this working
right

antoine=20

--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE

--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE--