Subject: Re: firefox gnome option
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2006 20:13:17
On 20/02/2006, at 19:41, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:25:32AM -0800, Cliff Wright wrote:
>> For www/firefox, I just tracked down why the "Read Mail" menu option
>> under Tools would not start my mail reader. It was because pkgsrc has
>> "--disable-gnomevfs" set in Makefile.common. By removing this, the
>> button
>> now works (and adding libmozgnome to PLIST). So the question is
>> what have
>> I now broken, or why is the disable there?
>
> I don't have Gnome, so I don't really want to test this :-), but if
> it is
> as you describe, this would be a candidate for a "gnome" option,
> indeed.

Options again...  if all the '--enable-gnomevfs' option does is build
the libmozgnome library without changing anything else, then an option
is a bad choice.  The correct solution is to add a new package that
only builds and installs such library.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/