Subject: Re: graphics/digikamimageplugins fix
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2006 21:00:11
Hi Mark,

Mark Davies wrote:

> On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:19, Simon Burge wrote:
> > The following patch fixes graphics/digikamimageplugins for me on the
> > pkgsrc-2005Q4 branch, but I can't test on -current pkgsrc.
>
> Your patch will break the package for NetBSD-current, where it currently
> works.   The problem is that the msgfmt in 3.0 doesn't like the .po files
> that these .mo files are created from (while the -current msgfmt does).  The
> correct fix would be to patch the .po files so they are good for both
> (similar to the patches in x11/kde3-i18n/ca/patches/patch-a?).
>
> It looks like these .po files are fixed in the latest (0.8.1) version of
> digikamimageplugins but that requires a newer digikam than we currently have
> in pkgsrc and I'm working on getting that built.  So doesn't help you with
> 2005Q4 but should hopefully be fixed in time for 2006Q1.

Given that this does get digikamimageplugins building on 2005Q4, should
I submit a pullup request for it?  I'm happily using it myself here, and
it's only a leaf package so enabling it wont break anything else.

Can't wait for newer digikam either - some of the new features look
great.

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/