Subject: Re: graphics/digikamimageplugins fix
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Mark Davies <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2006 12:01:13
On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:19, Simon Burge wrote:
> The following patch fixes graphics/digikamimageplugins for me on the
> pkgsrc-2005Q4 branch, but I can't test on -current pkgsrc.

Your patch will break the package for NetBSD-current, where it currently
works.   The problem is that the msgfmt in 3.0 doesn't like the .po files
that these .mo files are created from (while the -current msgfmt does).  The
correct fix would be to patch the .po files so they are good for both
(similar to the patches in x11/kde3-i18n/ca/patches/patch-a?).

It looks like these .po files are fixed in the latest (0.8.1) version of
digikamimageplugins but that requires a newer digikam than we currently have
in pkgsrc and I'm working on getting that built.  So doesn't help you with
2005Q4 but should hopefully be fixed in time for 2006Q1.