Subject: Re: pkgsrc bootstrap does not install bmake man page?
To: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2006 09:01:54
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Mark E. Perkins wrote:

> Yesterday I did a bootstrap of pkgsrc on a Mac OS X 10.4.4 system. I
> just noticed that no man page was installed for bmake. My questions are:
>
> 1) Is this the intended result (i.e., no bmake man page w/ bootstrap)?

The installation of the man page is commented out in the bootstrap script.
I don't recall why now. Feel free to uncomment and test.

> 2) Should I just copy the man page from devel/bmake to pkg/man or is a
> better solution to build and install devel/bmake (thereby keeping things
> "clean")?

Installing the devl/bmake seems fine.

(Or you can copy the bmake.1 file manually for now.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/