Subject: www/apache2 not accepting command for ErrorLog
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/14/2006 13:21:25
The pkgsrc apache2 is not happy with a command for ErrorLog,
as documented here

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#errorlog

It surprises me that this would be broken. Is there something wrong
with the package? With the original source? Or my execution?

In this httpd.conf fragment, the former works

#ErrorLog /tmp/apache2.ErrorLog
ErrorLog "|/bin/cat >>/tmp/apache2.ErrorLog"

but the latter causes apache to exit with the error:

[crit] (28)No space left on device: mod_rewrite: could not create rewrite_log_lock
Configuration Failed

I'm quite certain I have free space and inodes, seems like apache2
is trying to do locking on the exec? but what does mod_rewrite
have to do with it? I don't load it.  My configuration is generic
accept for the invocation

/usr/pkg/sbin/httpd -DNO_DETACH -f /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf -e debug -E /tmp/apache.start.err

and a very standard NameVirtualHost.

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org