Subject: Re: /x11/wxGTK is a wrong package, please do WxWidgets package instead
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/12/2006 15:40:05
On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 04:22:36AM +0100, timofonic timofonic wrote:
> /x11/wxGTK is a wrong package, because there aren't packages per
> support of each widget system in WxWidgets, but only options for
> building the supported different ones (wxMSW/wxWin32/wxWinCE, wxX11,
> wxGTK, wxMotif, wxNano-X, wxMicrowindows, wxMGL, wxCocoa, wxMac,
> wxOS2). It can be harder to write a package per toolkit supported and
> doing one instead with options for custom building, but I think pkgsrc
> experts will know how to manage this problem in the package.

WTF. First I have trouble parsing your sentences. Second it doesn't make
much sense what I did recover from them. wxGTK is named so because it is
wxWidgets for GTK and even the upstream versions is named -- oh wonder
-- wxGTK. Adding a bunch of other toolkits wasn't a needed feature and
until someone steps up to do the work, I don't think anyone who dealt
with this package before is very interested in doing so.

Joerg