Subject: Use of PLIST_SRC?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/09/2006 11:50:06
Hi,

I habe a question about the proper use of PLIST_SRC.

Working on wip/tsm which comes as a set of rpm archives, I find that
I want a static PLIST for stuff like sample files along with the one
dynamically created by rpm2pkg(8).

 From doc/pkgsrc.txt, 10.6 I get the impression that PLIST_SRC is a
list of filenames, and that the file contents are concatenated
eventually. OTOH, the wip/tsm Makefile as well as
emul/suse_linux/Makefile.application seem to assume that PLIST_SRC is
exactly one file. In emul/suse_linux/Makefile.application, providing
a static PLIST disables the dynamic creation of a PLIST.

Obviously, the documented behaviour fits my needs better. Who is
correct - the docs or the implementation?

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik