Subject: Re: the recent 'gettext ABI change' bump.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2006 12:24:44
joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:45:42PM -0800, walt wrote:
>> But this current disaster is one more example of why I argued against
>> abandoning the FBSD ports system before pkgsrc was ready for DFly.

> Please be fair here -- largescale revision bumped happen and happened in
> FreeBSD as well, it is not an inherent issue.

I'm sorry, it wasn't fair of me.  I was overtired and annoyed and
I should know better than to post when I'm like that.  If I haven't
thanked you lately for working so hard for all of us -- Thank You!

But it does seem to me that you have put yourself in the position
of a duck trying to stamp out a forest fire.  You need some help,
especially with gnome --> they release early, they release often,
and drive everyone nuts in the process.  It's a shame that I just
happen to like gnome ;o)