Subject: Re: the recent 'gettext ABI change' bump.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2006 14:20:37
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:45:42PM -0800, walt wrote:
> But this current disaster is one more example of why I argued against
> abandoning the FBSD ports system before pkgsrc was ready for DFly.

Please be fair here -- largescale revision bumped happen and happened in
FreeBSD as well, it is not an inherent issue.

> I know pkg_chk -u will fail while trying to update gnome, and will
> leave me with almost no packages installed -- and ironically this
> is what I was trying to do.  After that, I can start back at square
> zero and re-install the gnome meta-package -- except for any package
> which depends on anything relating to hardware, of course.

Why don't you just mask those broken packges locally out in the gnome
meta-package?

> I'll need to edit all the Makefiles to eliminate libgtop2, and
> cdparanoia, and nautilus-cd-burner, and etc, etc.  Just like I
> did last week, and the week before that...

That libgtop2 is broken, I'm aware off. cdparanoia built fine in the
last run, nautilus-cd-burner I'll put on my list.

Joerg