Subject: Re: gettext-0.14.5 for testing
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/03/2006 21:37:00
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:

> attached is the update of devel/gettext* to 0.14.5. Please test this
> carefully especially on platforms without native gettext. Be warned that
> the ABI changed (libintl revision bumped), so a recursive revision bump
> will follow after the possible commit.
>
> I'm waiting for feed back :-)

I didn't have a chance to look at or test your package yet.

Thanks for working on this.

Maybe we should use the package names as suggested by the gettext
developers (gettext-runtime and gettext-tools)?

My own pkgsrc has been tweaked to use the gettext packages from pkgsrc-wip
for a couple years now. My main NetBSD system is using a
gettext-lib-0.14.1 package from Oct. 2004. And my pkgsrc is patched to
never use gettext-lib on Linux (and uses glibc instead). I have been doing
that for at least a couple years now too.

If I recall correctly, the -m4 package is no longer needed (when using
the pkgsrc-wip packages).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/