Subject: How to add a new pkg ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: kilim <kilim@phenix.rootshell.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2006 23:10:05
Hello,

I'm liking pkgsrc cos its clean and useful. So in a sign of gratitude
I decided to contribute a pkg or two. But I have a couple of
questions:

-One package in question has its own 'configure.pl' and its first line
 is set, surprisingly, to

   '#!/some/path/to/perl -w'

 Now I can change that to

   '#!/usr/pkg/bin/perl -w'

 and make a diff, but what happens in the case where somebody's prefix
 is not '/usr/pkg' but something else ? Is there a way to deal with
 this ? Essentially making a portable diff, so that it would be
 ${PREFIX}/bin/perl ? Is there a mechanism for this ?

-Should I submit a pkg via sendpr ? Is that the recommended way ?

Thank you for your time, your work is great.