Subject: Install into menus
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/30/2006 17:17:48
--------------enig29381745909F4DA1BE8B69EE

Hello all,

   I use WindowMaker, and I realize that makes me a subset of the set
"minorities". Anyway.. In the default WindowMaker installation, the menu
contains a bunch of default applications, like "Gimp" and "emacs".
Problem is, they aren't installed. It would be better if it was almost
empty at installation, but when programs are installed, they can be
added to the menu by the installer if the installation was successful.
Obviously, this should apply to <window manager of your choice> too.

   Is there something like this already that I have missed? If not, has
an attempt to make something like it been done before? Results?

If is hasn't been done; is this of any interest to anyone else?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.