Subject: Re: buildlink3.mk and library dependancies
To: None <murray@river-styx.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2006 01:27:32
--/aVve/J9H4Wl5yVO

hi,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:48:07AM +1100, murray@river-styx.org wrote:
> Basically, when I'm using ffmpeg-devel in say, transcode, I need to
> patch things to make sure transcode uses these additional link flags
> for compiling. This is easy to reproduce. Build ffmpeg-devel with some
> PKG_OPTIONS selected. Go to transcode pkg and just run 'make
> configure' and bang, you'll see the problem in the config.log and
> terminal output. The transcode configure script fails to use
> libavcodec (part of ffmpeg) as it needs to know to link libavcodec
> against these additional libraries used in the ffmpeg build.
>=20
> Any ideas using buildlink framework?

you seem to misunderstood what i suggested.

take a look at wip/xmms2/buildlink3.mk:

=2Eif !defined(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.xmms2)
PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.xmms2!=3D                                               \
        cd ${BUILDLINK_PKGSRCDIR.xmms2} &&                              \
        ${MAKE} show-var ${MAKEFLAGS} VARNAME=3DPKG_OPTIONS
MAKEFLAGS+=3D     PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.xmms2=3D${PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.xmms2:Q}
=2Eendif

then compare against PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS, _not_ PKG_OPTIONS.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--/aVve/J9H4Wl5yVO