Subject: Re: Overhauling PLIST command set
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/20/2006 14:43:50
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> I'd like to overhaul the PLIST command set in pkgsrc.  The idea is to

I know there was a lot of emails in this thread, so I may have overlooked
some of this.

Is there any expected date or code to test to begin implementing the
following @shareddir?

I use binary packages on machines where I use pkg_add to replace (so the
packages that depend on it still are installed). I often get complains due
to attempts to remove directories that other packages share.

> @shareddir
> Directory used by multiple packages.  The first package installed
> using it creates it, last one deinstalled removes it (probably using
> the refcount framework).  Replaces @unexec ${RMDIR} (and @exec ${MKDIR}).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/