Subject: Re: ap-php4 depends on apache 1.3
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer.aydogan@googlemail.com>
From: rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2006 01:41:33
Zafer Aydogan wrote:
[...]
> You all know, that apache, mysql and php are the most needed packages -

Well, that's obviously your opinion, not a fact. I will really be
frustrated if I'll see that a package which uses single sources (php4)
gets separated into two different packages which are now different just
in options. Is anybody going to split mplayer into as many packages as
how many options are there for it? That's nonsense. You will never get
every possible binary package, as long as there are limited resources to
build them and the framework doesn't let you do it some easy way.

You can argue against apache 1 being the default option, that's ok, but
don't mess the pkgsrc framework up, please.

Regards,

r.