Subject: Re: ap-php4 depends on apache 1.3
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/18/2006 13:57:04
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> > Feel free to submit when ready.
>
> or not.
>
>  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2003/09/04/0003.html
>  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2003/09/04/0002.html
>  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2003/09/07/0018.html

I misunderstand.

I read "The ap-php4 now works for apache2 also" and allows apache modules
that will work with more than one version of the apache web server to not
require a separate package for each version of apache."

Does this mean I can create a package from www/ap-php using defaults and
take it to another machine that is using www/apache2 and it will work with
it automatically?

If so, I misunderstood all the complaints on this list and other forums
over past few years.

(It does not look like it since the DEPENDS by default is
apache{,6}-1.3.*. Also, as far as I understand, modules for Apache 1 use a
different ABI than modules for Apache 2.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/