Subject: Re: avoiding unnecessary recompilation ...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2006 08:22:46
On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 01:54:15PM +0100, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
|On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 10:42:45AM +1100, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|> The problem is that if I build a package in an ad-hoc manner using make
|> package in the same chroot environment (it's the only package build
|> environment I have) things don't seem to be smart enough to do the bulk
|> build trick of installing package dependancies from binary packages if
|> they're available and so it remakes them ...
|
|DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install

I have DEPENDS_TARGET=package at the moment, because I want to end up
with packages of any dependancies ... does bin-install do the same or
should I set both in DEPENDS_TARGET? eg

DEPENDS_TARGET=package
DEPENDS_TARGET+=bin-install

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank