Subject: avoiding unnecessary recompilation ...
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2006 23:19:17
Speaking of perl, it seems that perl and things that depend on it are
recompiled in the bulk build area even if there are no revision changes
and a compiled package of the same revision is available ... is there
any way to prevent this?

I understand that perl is now required to calculate the package
dependancy tree, but perl packages that depend on it shouldn't need to
be recompiled.

It's slowing things down if all I want to do is add one package to the
build list and I haven't updated the CVS tree since I did a build the
last time ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank