Subject: mail-notification bulk build failure and msgfmt
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2006 12:55:31
I recently updated mail/mail-notification, which needs plurals support
in msgfmt.  It built fine on ~current (where msgfmt supports kernels),
and in a ~3.0 pkg_comp chroot with ~current kernel (where it does
not).  I suspect I have done something wrong, but I don't understand
how to fix it.  I'd appreciate it if someone with more
gettext/msgfmt/TOOLS clue could take a look.

mail/mail-notification             gdt@NetBSD.org

 => Creating msgfmt wrapper to work-around plurals
 cannot create /bin/msgfmt: read-only file system
 chmod: /bin/msgfmt: No such file or directory