Subject: db4 upgrade broke my cyrus-imapd
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2006 15:14:24
Hi!

It happened again, the new db4 breaks my cyrus-imapd. I tried to
perform the same tricks as before (about year ago when the same
horror happened) but this time it doesn't look promising...

# cd /mail/cyrus/config
# tar cf /tmp/db.tar *
# cd /mail/cyrus/config/db

# db4_upgrade -v __db.*
db4_upgrade: Program version 4.4 doesn't match environment version 0.327
db4_upgrade: DB_ENV->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version
mismatch

# db4_checkpoint -v -1
db4_checkpoint: Program version 4.4 doesn't match environment version 0.327
db4_checkpoint: open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch

# db4_recover -v
db4_recover: Program version 4.4 doesn't match environment version 0.327
db4_recover: Skipping log file log.0000000023: historic log version 10
Finding last valid log LSN: file: 24 offset 0
db4_recover: log.0000000024: log file open failed: No such file or directory
db4_recover: PANIC: No such file or directory
db4_recover: DB_ENV->log_put: 24: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
db4_recover: dbenv->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

Any ideas how to upgrade everything correctly?

As I have no time right now (and the server must be operational) so I had
to revert back to db4 4.3.29. I'll investigate this further tomorrow
or later this week but all and ideas help is welcome...

Martti