Subject: Re: Adding DESTDIR support to pkg_add
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Moinak Ghosh <Moinak.Ghosh@Sun.COM>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2006 15:46:28
Alan Barrett wrote:

>The following things would be interpreted relative to ${DESTDIR}:
>
>    PKG_DBDIR
>    PREFIX
>    @cwd directories in the PLIST
>    %D substitutions in the PLIST
>
>I believe that FreeBSD's pkg_add has the ability to chroot, but I don't
>want to do that, because (especially when installing syspkgs into a
>previously empty directory) necessary tools might not exist in the
>target directory.

   This will be good for dsitributions look at using Pkgsrc as the
native packaging
   mechanism. It will ease install to harddisk. I am testing out Pkgsrc
for the BeleniX
   distribution and was thinking of doing a chroot for harddisk install.
But this will
   require copying a minimal chroot environment to harddisk prior to
running Pkgsrc
   to install the system packages.

Regards,
Moinak.