Subject: Re: Adding DESTDIR support to pkg_add
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/09/2006 15:23:53
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> (b) Any temporary storage should be affected via DESTDIR as well IMO,
> e.g. DESTDIR/var/tmp be used. That's important for install media as
> well.

I guess that' can be implemented via the PKG_TMPDIR variable. From
pkg_add(1):

      PKG_TMPDIR  Staging directory for installing packages, defaults to
                  /var/tmp.  Set to directory with lots of free disk if you run
                  out of space when installing a binary package.

> (c) If -I was not specified, the scripts have to be run chrooted. In the
> longer run, we should add a flag for this to allow a bypass for "safe"
> scripts, but that wouldn't be the general case I think.

Yumm... :-)
(I guess this is where it gets hairy :-)

  - Hubert