Subject: make install exit code - skipped packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/2006 22:59:15
Hello,

I just noticed that 'make install' will return with an exit code
indicating success even if the package is skipped because it is not
available for the platform in question.

Is this considered correct behavior? While I can imagine it being
desired in some builk build senarios (I am not knowledgeable enough
about make to judge), it seems misleading in the common case of a
simple 'make install', in which case any failure to install is indeed
a failure from the point of view of the person/application invoking
'make install'.

Any thoughts?

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org