Subject: two problems with current pkgsrc.tar.gz
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/2006 18:22:26
I just came across two new problems when trying yesterday's
pkgsrc.tar.gz:

- mk/tools/make.mk and mk/tools/perl.mk make use of _USE_TOOLS which
does not seem to be defined. Is changing this into USE_TOOLS the correct
solution?

- it seems that although I set TOOLS_PLATFORM.id in my mk.conf pkgsrc
does not set ID, which I think the code in mk/tools/defaults.mk should
do. At least when calling mk/unprivileged.mk ID is still empty, as shows
bmake show-vars VARNAMES=ID. id is contained in USE_TOOLS.
Explicitly setting ID to ${TOOLS_PLATFORM.id} in mk.conf works around
this, but this surely does not explain why ID does not automatically get
set.
The same issue seems to be true for TAR, RM, MV and probably others.

I would very much appreciate if someone could shed some light into these
issues.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053