Subject: two problems with current pkgsrc.tar.gz
To: None <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/2006 18:22:26
I just came across two new problems when trying yesterday's

- mk/tools/ and mk/tools/ make use of _USE_TOOLS which
does not seem to be defined. Is changing this into USE_TOOLS the correct

- it seems that although I set in my mk.conf pkgsrc
does not set ID, which I think the code in mk/tools/ should
do. At least when calling mk/ ID is still empty, as shows
bmake show-vars VARNAMES=ID. id is contained in USE_TOOLS.
Explicitly setting ID to ${} in mk.conf works around
this, but this surely does not explain why ID does not automatically get
The same issue seems to be true for TAR, RM, MV and probably others.

I would very much appreciate if someone could shed some light into these

Georg Schwarz  +49 178 8545053