Subject: Re: apache + ap-perl = abort trap
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2006 12:19:04
Dieter Baron wrote:

> after upgrading to NetBSD/i386 3.0 (from 2.0) and recompiling all
> packages (from current pkgsrc as of about a week ago), apache exits
> with abort trap on startup when loading mod_perl.  [It worked under
> 2.0, but I don't know how recent the packages were.]
>
>   The abort happens in libc's fgetc, somewhere in the file locking
> code; recompiling apache with CFLAGS+=-pthread fixes the problem.  It
> looks like the old problem of a non-threaded executable (apache)
>
>   Has this been / should this be fixed in libc?
>
>   Should I add a threads option to www/apache, which adds -pthread to
> CFLAGS (at least on NetBSD)?

I thought NetBSD 3.0 didn't suffer from this problem.  dlopen.builtin.mk
thinks that the problem was fixed after NetBSD-2.99.10.  If it's not,
then we should add NetBSD<=3.0 to the list in dlopen.builtin.mk of
platforms that require pthreads when using dlopen().  Can you test to
see if that makes apache + ap-perl on your system work correctly?

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>