Subject: apache + ap-perl = abort trap
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2006 17:15:53
hi,

after upgrading to NetBSD/i386 3.0 (from 2.0) and recompiling all
packages (from current pkgsrc as of about a week ago), apache exits
with abort trap on startup when loading mod_perl.  [It worked under
2.0, but I don't know how recent the packages were.]

  The abort happens in libc's fgetc, somewhere in the file locking
code; recompiling apache with CFLAGS+=-pthread fixes the problem.  It
looks like the old problem of a non-threaded executable (apache)

  Has this been / should this be fixed in libc?

  Should I add a threads option to www/apache, which adds -pthread to
CFLAGS (at least on NetBSD)?

					yours,
					dillo