Subject: Re: Issues with pkgsrc on IRIX
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Staffan =?unknown-8bit?Q?Thom=E9n?= <duck@knightrider.shangtai.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/02/2006 02:22:11
On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 04:52:53PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Staffan Thom?n <duck@multi.fi> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if anyone with some more buildlink clue could take a peek at this. It
> > seems that lib32 (I'm using n32) contains the system (x11) libs while just lib
> > in the buildlink dir contains the things from /usr/pkg/lib.
>
> I'm not sure if I understand your question.  The system's n32 libraries
> should be found in directories named .../lib32 (eg /usr/lib32, /lib32).
> Since pkgsrc can only deal with one ABI, it will _always_ install into
> ${PREFIX}/lib (not ${PREFIX}/lib32).  So the buildlink process should
> pull libraries from the systems lib32 named directories as well as from
> the pkgsrc provided ${PREFIX}/lib directory.  (Which I think pkgsrc
> does.)
>
> Maybe if you have a concrete example of where the problem manifests
> itself we could better troubleshoot the problem?

 Yes, only one ABI at a time, but the problem is that in .buildlink you get
 two directories for libraries, lib32 with the system libraries and lib with
 pkgsrc libraries e.g;

 $WORKDIR/.buildlink/lib
	libintl.so

 $WORKDIR/.buildlink/lib32
	libpthread.so

 buildlink will however only pass on one path to the linker; usually
 -L$WORKDIR/.buildlink/lib32 thus causing breakage. I suppose it's simply
 because the source directories are named lib32 and lib respectively--moving
 the symlinks inside these directories to only lib32 works, but then breaks
 because e.g. $WORKDIR/.buildlink/lib/pkgconfig is accessed...

 Hope this is clearer,

--
Staffan Thomen 1024D/7C7E2EF8
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?