Subject: Re: Issues with pkgsrc on IRIX
To: Staffan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thom=E9n?= <duck@multi.fi>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/01/2006 16:52:53
--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

Staffan Thom=E9n <duck@multi.fi> wrote:
=20
> I wonder if anyone with some more buildlink clue could take a peek at thi=
s. It
> seems that lib32 (I'm using n32) contains the system (x11) libs while jus=
t lib
> in the buildlink dir contains the things from /usr/pkg/lib.

I'm not sure if I understand your question.  The system's n32 libraries
should be found in directories named .../lib32 (eg /usr/lib32, /lib32).
Since pkgsrc can only deal with one ABI, it will _always_ install into
${PREFIX}/lib (not ${PREFIX}/lib32).  So the buildlink process should
pull libraries from the systems lib32 named directories as well as from
the pkgsrc provided ${PREFIX}/lib directory.  (Which I think pkgsrc
does.)

Maybe if you have a concrete example of where the problem manifests
itself we could better troubleshoot the problem?

-Jan

--=20
Free Speech Online - Stop Internet Censorship
   --- Electronic Frontier Foundation -- http://www.eff.org ---

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--