Subject: Re: ruby18: db4 is not an acceptable, can't read y.tab.c
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
From: rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2005 17:48:37
Hi,

Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> In message <20051222193230.GA5853@NetBSD.org>
> 	on Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:32:30 +0000,

>>>I've never see TOOLS_ARGS.* except files under /usr/pkgsrc/mk.
>>>Is there any guideline or documentation for using them?
>>>
>>>Anyway, these patch files and update patch-aa and patch-ab solve the
>>>problem.
>>
>>I've committed revision 1.145 of pkgsrc/mk/tools/replace.mk which
>>should fix the YACC problem.  It should set YACC="bison -y" in the
>>environment before calling the configure script.  You should be able
>>to remove those changes from your patch.
>
> Oh, thanks.
>
> I could test next Monday.  rudolf, would you please test after update
> your pkgsrc tree and apply below patch?

I'm sorry for delayed answer, these busy days ...

The patch was pulled up to 2005Q4, right?
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2005/12/28/0107.html)

So I tested (today's) 2005Q4 fresh installation on Slackware-10.1
(i386), bootstrap and 'bmake install' of lang/ruby. Installation ended
without problems, here are installed packages:

# pkg_info
libtool-base-1.5.18nb6 Generic shared library support script (the script
itself)
digest-20050731     Message digest wrapper utility
pkg_install-info-4.5nb3 Standalone GNU info file installation utility
db4-4.3.29          Berkeley DB version 4 from Sleepycat Software
ruby18-base-1.8.3nb2 Ruby 1.8 based release minimum package
bison-2.1           GNU yacc(1) replacement
ruby-1.8.3nb1       Wrapper package for Ruby programming language
#

Some Slackware packages, which were also present during pkgsrc installation:
# ls -1 /var/log/packages/ | egrep "(db4|bison|yacc)"
bison-1.35-i386-1
byacc-1.9-i386-1
db4-4.2.52-i486-2
#