Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] The pkgsrc-2005Q4 branch
To: None <>
From: George Georgalis <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2005 10:31:41
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:32:36PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:21:00AM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>> But I was wondering... would it be possible to build the 10% most
>> used packages for the most popular arches first.
>Defining these 10% packages won't be easy. Letting the build system
>decide the order based on dependancies is probably the easiest.
>Anther issue is with the upload script. I'm quite sure I can't run it
>while a build is running.

No worries, but this may be interisting

Recursive Make Considered Harmful
    This paper talks about the build process for large projects, and some of the pitfalls when using Make.
    There is also a German translation available, courtesy of CM Magazin.

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE>< cell:646-331-2027