Subject: Using pkgsrc for an OpenSolaris distro
To: None <>
From: Moinak Ghosh <Moinak.Ghosh@Sun.COM>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2005 20:01:22

   Please let me know if this not the right forum for this post. I am
the initial
author of BeleniX
an OpenSolaris based distribution. As of now BeleniX does not have a

I wanted to use a modern packaging framework and Pkgsrc appears to be an
choice. I am a newbie to Pkgsrc and am thinking of using Pkgsrc to
package the entire
OpenSolaris base distribution as well as use the other open-source
packages. Is this
advisable or even feasible ? Any suggestions ?

Note: OpenSolaris already comes with the SVR4 package info files for the
base distribution
that I will need to use to generate the Pkgsrc packages.