Subject: Re: bootstrapping bmake, etc. on MacOS X 10.3.9 and 10.2.8
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/2005 15:11:20
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Part of the problem is that nobody has manually compared the bootstrap
> provided mk files with the mk files as provided by the maintainer of
> bmake and mk-files.

The curious thing is that pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap in its -current
form works just fine on MacOS X 10.4.x (I used 10.4.3 w/XCode 2.2).
No alterations at all were required.  It's only on 10.3.x and earlier
systems that the problems with bmake occur.  It used to work just fine
on all versions.

(By the same token, there are now a few packages that build/install just
fine on MacOS X 10.4.x, but fail to build on 10.3.x and earlier systems
when they used to build just fine.  PRs will be forthcoming on those.)

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD