Subject: Re: built for a different version of the OS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2005 20:08:26
--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> Maybe we should add a per-package variable to define when to warn about=
=20
> different version of OS when using pkg_add.

This comes up every couple of months -- see the archives for previous
discussions.

> Another idea is to just check the first two numbers in the OS version (so=
=20
> 2.6 =3D 2.6 for me) unless a per package variable says to be more precise.

That wouldn't work on a per-package basis, but would need to be done on
a per-OS-per-package basis, which quickly gets hairy.

> Or maybe we should get rid of the warning unless verbose is on -- since=
=20
> the ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM can be precised for a fatal (not a warning) error.

If it's just a warning, then the package will install and all you're
bothered with is a warning, no? :-)

-Jan

--=20
Ancient Principle of WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given, And It's No Good Whining.
--Terry Pratchett et al. (The Science of Discworld)

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--