Subject: Re: wip/jdk14 updated to patchset-8
To: None <>
From: walt <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2005 15:06:19
On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 14:41 +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've updated the wip/jdk14 package to Eyesbeyond's patchset 8...

This is a bit strange.  I just finished building jdk14 on NetBSD-
current.  The build went fine, but when I try to load java-enabled
websites with the java plugin I get the dreaded 'X' symbol where
the java applet should appear.

On the other hand, I can run the java demo applets from my NetBSD
hard drive with no problem.

I seem to recall having this same problem in years past because of
java security settings.  This makes me think about the 'other' src
file that sun offered me when I downloaded the java sources:

This file is not required by the pkgsrc build, but perhaps it should
be?  Dunno.

Anyone else tried it yet?