Subject: sitedrivenby.gif (was Re: www/thttpd build error - not sure of
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/19/2005 13:21:41
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I commited the change to thttpd's Makefile to reference it from
> DIST_SUBDIR, which seems the minimal fix given the freeze.

Okay.

> I have no objection to un-DIST_SUBDIR-ing all of thttpd or just this
> file (although I don't know how to have a pkg with DIST_SUBDIR for
> some distfiles and not others).

Now I see the image is for "NetBSD". Maybe we should have "pkgsrc" image
instead? Or only install on NetBSD machines?

alt="Site Driven by NetBSD!" is wrong on non-NetBSD platforms.

And a new "official" image is available from the NetBSD Logos webpage.

The logo is used by at least apache, hiawatha and thttpd.

There are patches (or files) to use this image.

Although it could be good marketing, I think the easiest thing to do is to
remove it.

I may send-pr this so it is not forgotten. Any comments first?

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/