Subject: Re: www/thttpd build error - not sure of correct fix
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/19/2005 13:10:53
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Greg Troxel wrote:

>> Any reason not to use ${DISTDIR}/${DIST_SUBDIR} instead of ${_DISTDIR}?
>
> It's awkward to have to write code that knows about DIST_SUBDIR,
> because then it needs to get changed - and it this case it didn't.
> Sure, I can do that and commit, but it would be nice to have a
> documented variable to refer to the directory containing this
> package's distfiles.

Also, in this case, the same distfile is also used by other packages. It
shouldn't be retrieved to a DIST_SUBDIR. The reason, it worked for others
(like bulk builders) is that they had previously downloaded the file
(maybe for a previous thttpd or for another package).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/