Subject: PR pkg/30725 (libslang uses libtermcap vs Linux)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, almeyers@consult-meyers.com>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2005 13:43:14
--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

Hi,

In devel/libslang, we transform the use of -ltermcap into using ncurses
for Linux systems of the Debian flavor.  Now I have another system --
slackware based -- that also would need this change.  Instead of adding
just another exception here... are there any Linux variations that do
use libtermcap?

If there are, then we probably should think about creating a
termcap/curses magic include that pulls in the right dependency rather
than patching each package one at a time for the hundreds of linux
flavors...

-Jan

--=20
If you are undertaking anything substantial, C is the only reasonable choice
of programming language.
	-- UNIX User's Supplementary Documents

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT--