Subject: Re: cd to The following selected options are not supported: prefix-cmds.
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/16/2005 11:11:39
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
>>> Why does the PKG_FAIL_REASON become a (unquoted) pkgsrc package
>>> directory name?
>>

>> I don't know if it is in same place, but why does bsd.pkg.mk output
>> this to stdout instead of stderr?
>>
>>        @for str in ${PKG_FAIL_REASON} ${PKG_SKIP_REASON}; do           \
>>                ${ECHO} "${_PKGSRC_IN}> $$str";                         \
>>        done
>>

>> Is this just for the ordering of output?
>>
>> What can we do to make sure that this output doesn't pollute other
>> routines (as shown in my previous email in this thread)?

It's quite simple: Add error checking code to all places where the
output of another command is used. This will reveal many other bugs that
have been hidden up to now, so don't be surprised.

Is it possible to check the return code of a shell command in an AWK
program like the one that is used in _RECURSE_DEPENDS_DIRS?

Roland